Monday, April 2, 2012

Champix Dreams: First week report.

Thank you for reading my blog about my Champix dreams. I started taking Champix to quit smoking about a week ago.  The regiment is simple enough.

1. For the first three days you take one .5mg tablet each day.  You can smoke during this time to supplement your cravings.
2. After the first three days it changes to .5mg two times a day.  Once in the morning and once in the evening.
3. After the first week it changes to 1mg two times a day.

So, I am starting a little late but here it goes. I was labeled a light smoker by my doctor and I was smoking about 1 pack of  Marlboro Ultra Lights a day.

Day 1:  3/27
smoked 16 cigarettes.  Weight 65k.

Dreams:  None that I could remember.  No change that I can tell.

Day 2:  3/28

Smoked 9 cigarettes. Weight, unchecked.

Dreams:  None that I could remember.  No change that I can tell.

Day 3:  3/29

Smoked 15 cigarettes. Weight, unchecked.

Dreams:  None that I could remember.  Feel hungry for something but can't tell what it is.

Day 4:  3/30

Smoked 14 cigarettes. Weight, 66k.

Dreams:  None that I could remember.  Again, I feel hungry for something or thirsty for something but nothing quenches the hunger or thirst.

Day 5:  3/31

Smoked 10 cigarettes. Weight, unchecked.

Dreams:  None that I could remember.  Still feel the Hunger! I could use a Snickers bar.  xD

Day 6:  4/1

Smoked 9 cigarettes. Weight, unchecked.

Dreams:  None that I could remember.  The hunger is pretty bad.  I am trying to slow down my smoking because tomorrow is the last day I can smoke and I want to be ready for the sudden drop.

Day 7:  4/2

Smoked 7 cigarettes. Weight, unchecked.

Dreams:  None that I could remember.  Hungry, and since food doesn't stop the hunger I am just suffering through it. Today is my last day of .5mg and being able to smoke.  Tomorrow I will smoke one cigarette before I take the 1mg pill and, hopefully, it will be my last.

The end of week 1.

After this day, I dive in head first.  Here goes nothin!  Quit smoking and hope none of the side effects get me.  I have not looked into the side-effects much.  I know of two that concern me.

One is good for this blog, and that is the dreams.  Though I have not had any dreams yet, I can't wait until I do! Maybe tonight?

Another side effect scares me a bit.  Suicidal ideation and other suicidal/homicidal/aggressive behavior changes.  So far, I have not had this.  If I start writing like I do, please tell me!! I might not realize it.


Question:
Do you smoke now, or have you quit?  Have you tried to, or are you trying to quit? Succeed or fail, tell me your story!

Thank you very much for reading my blog. Feel free to tell me your story, contact me, subscribe, join my page, and please like/share this page on Facebook, stumbleupon, twitter, or whatever your social fetish may be. If you are quitting smoking and need support, I'm here for that too. Send me your concerns and worries and I will do my best to give you hints, tips, support and tricks on how to quit smoking.  Cheers!

See you daily from now!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.